AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Filter Dropdown is too long and goes off page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a series of filters trailing vertically down the left-hand pane of my report, in order to allow the report to work as a dynamic dashboard. 

The issue I'm finding is that the filter dropdowns are too long for some dimensions (such as Town/City), meaning that the dropdown disappears off the bottom of the page. 

Example here (both the scrollbar and results disappear from the page, without the drop-down repositioning itself so everything fits):

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to resize the dropdown which appears for the filters? 

Either that, or it seems like there should be an improvement to the UX, where a drop-down list will re-justify itself on the page so it's not cut off. 

I'd hate to have to keep all of my filters at the top of the page or trail them horizontally. I experimented with this, but it looked very ugly and not as professional. 

Re: Filter Dropdown is too long and goes off page

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

datastudio1.PNG

Filter Dropdown is too long and goes off page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response, but this simply puts a cap on the number of results returned within the dropdown, and does not affect its window size or position on the page.