Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Reply

File upload has error but none shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried uploading a number of CSV files via the "File Upload" under "Data Sources". It responds that the file wasn't able to be uploaded and tells me to see the error but none is displayed.

 

All the details available are shown in the attached screenshot from the interface.

 

When looking at Chrome DevTools the response from the server is a 500 error, with nothing tangible in regards to the actual problem. I've ensured the file is UTF-8, and attempted many datasets with varying lengths of data. The last one was as simple as:

 

 

Testing1,Don,12
Testing1,Bob,1

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

 

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 2.26.35 PM.png

Re: File upload has error but none shown

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Casey, you have a problem with your data source. 

The first line is missing. 

 

In order to add a csv file, you need to have the field's name in first. 

See my example, it's working Smiley Wink 

 

I create a csv file like this :  

User,Name,Qty (it's your field's name)
mike,john,5
amber,smith,6

 

Hope helping you Smiley Wink

File upload has error but none shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all, thank you for your response.

 

The example data above doesn't contain the headers. I've tried other batches which have used them to no avail. The above was the last-ditch effort to see if I could get an actual error response.

 

So far all responses from the DS servers for uploads are 500 errors.

 

Any other suggestions?

File upload has error but none shown

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately nope, i can't reproduce the same code error that you had.

 

I did tests with ";"
without the line of fied's name.

 

Any others suggestions for now :/

File upload has error but none shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We were able to resolve this specific issue. It looks like we found a bug in the way Google handles user sessions.

 

In this case I was logged into my work email and the Data Studio(DS) account. When doing work under the DS account the underlying sessions were trying to use my work account permissions instead of the account I was logged in under.

 

I'll be filing a ticket. 

 

Thanks for your response.