Data Studio
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Feature request: Wallboard mode (fullscreen, TV-friendly)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I just discovered Google Data Studio and got very excited. Finally I can build good looking dashboards for Google Analytics data that are easy to share. However, while the dashboard designer is very powerful, there seems to be no way to create a tv-friendly, fullscreen view of the dashboard that one can project on a wall in the office. Please add "wallboard mode".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

YES, YES, YES! I've been Chromecasting the s... out of my Data Studio reports and all my clients are thrilled. But we do need a wallboard mode asap to make it look even better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It had one before, which I used, but this functions seem to have fallen away.  Was pretty helpful to make screen-cuts of the whole sheet though ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey there! Curious about how you're doing this. How are you looping different data studio reports or pages within a report?  Also, are you able to get the reports to automatically update the data? Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using a Chrome extension called 'Data Studio Fullscreen' to project a report on a TV monitor at work and it works pretty well. Just a suggestion, hope it helps until this feature becomes native.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the suggestion Drew! I just tried the extension and looks like it doesn't work correctly, unfortunately. It zooms in too far, resulting in the dashboard being cropped.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe its the layout dimensions? I have mine set for a TV with 1920x1080 resolution as 1920w*990h and it's perfect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think that's related - the extension is supposed to fit whatever's in the canvas into the current screen size. I tried playing with the canvas size and it didn't have any effect.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bummer. Hopefully Google will add this feature soon as it kind of just makes sense. Good luck!