AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Feature Request: Unsampled Google Analytics Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are a few BI tools that allow you to query GA data and not receive sampled data (Tableau is one of them). I would imagine it wouldn't be terribly difficult to run several smaller queries (one week at a time) and stitch them together and save them to the users dataset bank. Until this is a feature, the GA connector is rather useless for anyone that needs exact totals - I can't tell my partners that they drove around 15,000 conversions last year, I need an exact number. I assume many people are in the same boat. Please make this a thing, I will use DataStudio exclusively. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

That's just not how GA works and daily users cannot be summed and magically converted to unique users, despite the impression you get from pulling daily or weekly feeds into Tableau, Domo or even DS.

The thing you mention is called Analytics 360. Yes it comes with an enterprise price tag but it's well worth it.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you misunderstood what imasking for. I'd like Google Data Studio to offer a Core Reporting API connection (7 dimensions, 7 measures) that can query multiple times to eiminate sampling. Tableau can do this as of version 10 and it's a godsend (even though I hate just about everything else about Tableau). I can't be alone in this request. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ok, more interesting. Would dimensions and metrics be fixed for everyone or just for you?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

May I suggest scitylana.com. Being official Google Analytics partners, they extract raw hit-level data from a free GA account through the API. Data are delivered as local text files or uploaded to a BigQuery account of your choice.

With hit-level data in BigQuery, you can connect with DataStudio and query all dimensions and metrics without sampling og without any 7-dimension limit