AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Feature Request: Flexible Comparison Periods

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Currently using the scorecard chart, the comparison date only allows previous period or previous year. 

Embedding some basic flexibility here would make a world of difference. I'm talking about previous week/month/ year normalized for day of week. Or consider some logic as well.

This would make a big difference and help get data studio into something we can use full time/rely upon at my place of work.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Maybe i missunderstand you, but you can choose in your scorecard chart which defaut range date you want and with which one you want to compare. 

You can do 2 scorecards sessions

1 for the current month, comparing to the previous period (so the previous month)

1 for the current week , comparing to the previous period (so the previous week)

In this way you will have 2 scorecards in your page, 1 for the current month, 1 one for the current week

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Patrick. I'm referring to comparing a specific day with the same day of the week last week. So for example, comparing May 9th to May 2nd, or comparing May 9th to April 9th, or comparing May 9th to April 11th (so they are both Tuesdays). Or comparing May 9th 2017 to May 10th 2016, so they are both Tuesday's. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes, i understand what you would have as flexibility. 

Well, actually this is not supported in Data studio, with my knowledge. 

But for sure, it will be a great request to add in the next development of Data Studio