AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Feature: Object Tool-Tip Property

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suggestion for a new feature:

Add a Tool-Tip property to objects to avoid having to put all tool-tips on all pages as text.

This would reduce cluttre in this already awesome clean tool and allow users to view tool-tpis when desired.

PS: Like this comment to show Google a count for this feature request

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Anton,

When in view-mode, tooltips automatically show when the user hovers on a graph. Are you asking for something else?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave, thanks for your quick reply!

The current Tool Tip (TT) is about the data points. I'm wondering if it would make sense to have a user defined TT text field with info about the object. Example: I have a filter has two options (A, B).  I would like the user only to select A OR B and not A AND B. A custom TT text could point this out to the user and avoid having to put that info text on the canvas permanently for all users.

There may be a way to do this, new to DS.

Love the product!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Anton,

Aww, I see. So you would want to be able to specify an informational tooltip that you could place on the canvas next to a component. When a user hovers on that object, the text you (as the editor) have written. Is that correct?

Thanks for the kind words!

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

that is correct