2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Failed To Save

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Keep getting the error - Failed to save Ugh! Data Studio can't save your latest changes. Please refresh the page. Any unsaved changes will be lost. Sorry! - whenever I connect a new data source. 

This makes datastudio not useable 

Anyone else getting this 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Failed To Save

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Unfortunately there isn't a "save" button for peace of mind...so my way of certainty is to "lock" the file again...top right corner it says "EDIT"...just click on it and itll lock the file.

Re: Failed To Save

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

download (7).png

I know there is no save button - it is constantly saving as you edit. 

The problem I get is this 

When i change the data source on a report it comes up with this error 

I cannot find anywhere to report to google 

This makes data studio unable to be used 

Failed To Save

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same issue with the beta.

Re: Failed To Save

Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Getting the same issue here... Within the last few hours, it has been unbearable as every time I try to duplicate a page or change page filters - I get the same error. 

datastudio.PNG

Failed To Save

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

if this happens, just click on "CLOSE". 
Copy and paste a component, it doesn't matter which one and your report will be "saving". 

Then leave Data studio, and restart your browser. 

It will be ok normally after.

Failed To Save

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Got the same problem here. I refreshed the page quite often. That helped not to lose data or work. But I'd like to know if there is a solution or an update from Google on that...

Failed To Save

[ Edited ]
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I will keep this in mind today. Stepped away form Analytics the past couple days but if it happens again today, I will give your method a try. Still - an update from someone at @Google acknowledging this issue would be an awesome next step, like @Samuel D mentioned...

Thanks again @patrick

Failed To Save

Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Dru
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

UPDATE: Started back with data studio and not even 15 mins into my session, I am getting this F****** error again... The funny thing is that I wasn't even changing data, I was changing the color of some of the fonts and BOOM - got the error. Tried the option mentioned above, but that did not work. Sigh...  

Failed To Save

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was getting the same thing. The change in data source meant that several of my graphs couldn't display as I had copied from a source that had GA e-commerce data available to one that didn't. I went through and deleted all the components that couldn't be displayed (clicking close on that error message as I went). After removing all the components I did an update/copy paste on a working component to trigger the save and it worked from then on.