Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Exporting data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

At present, there seems to be no way of exporting elements contained within a Data Studio project, other than sharing the URL with other users.

It would be nice to be able to cut and paste the various graphs, tables, etc directly into other documents - for example, Word - or at the very least, exporting the whole file to PDF.

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,

N

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nicholas K
December 2016

Exporting data?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yeah. You can do a print page and save as a PDF but that's about it for now unfortunately. 

Exporting data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.

Not ideal, obviously. But at least I can then bring the PDF into Photoshop, crop out the graphs, etc, and save them as JPEGs - which is a solution of sorts, I guess. 

Exporting data?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah, it's not great. They will probably add more publish and share features in the future though.

Also, if you want to skip the PDF part, you could get a screenshot extension for your browser and just screenshot the charts you want. 

Exporting data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

We have the same issue, we currently report using detailed snippets of charts & graphs from GA and supplement with commentary. We see the value in data studio as the charts look much better visually than using a screen shot resource. However, without being able to export as a PDF it defeats the object for us. Giving the client a shareable link would work for some but not others, as it relies on them logging in.

Hopefully the PDF option will be available soon. 

Exporting data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I even using the same method. 

Highlighted

Exporting data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear,
I had a website that was remodeled.
The google analytics that was linked to the old site is in the site programmer's name and I have access as an administrator.
In order not to lose data from the old site, I would like to export the data to google analytics of the new site.
How can I do this?