2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This morning Export to PDF has appeared as an option! 

Capture.JPG

It selects each page in turn and then gives you the option to print or export to PDF.

TIP: Make sure you go out of edit mode before you select it otherwise it prints the gridlines as the appear in edit mode.

Thanks Google!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert L
March 2017

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I suspect it is something else other than a google push.

I was using another PC when it went missing and now on the PC i first saw it is there again and the only diff is one have the Google Data Studio PDF extension installed.

I remember when I first install this extension, it don't seems to work as the screenshot on the chrome store indicate the icon should light up. But anyway, I've checked that the export comes from that instead of a Google Data Studio release. =(

View solution in original post

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Could it be only on 360 version? Not there yet on the "free" version. Or maybe it will be rolled out gradually.

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm not sure. No release notes from Google yet to confirm. Mine only appeared this morning after refreshing a report.

Export PDF is here!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Don't see anything yet in my version. Otherwise, having the option to schedule reports on PDF would be another extra. 

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Must be on a user basis as I have it but my colleague doesn't. Odd.

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

And give the click sometime to work its magic, I might be wrong but based on what I see happening is Data Studio capture the current page and move the screen to the next page and captures it. So for reports with more than a page, you should see the print dialog once the data studio navigate itself to the last page.

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I had it this morning, and is gone now =(

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

THE most requested function, here today, gone tomorrow!!! At least you know they're listening. 

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Mine is still active? Seems a strange rollout?!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert L
March 2017

Export PDF is here!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I suspect it is something else other than a google push.

I was using another PC when it went missing and now on the PC i first saw it is there again and the only diff is one have the Google Data Studio PDF extension installed.

I remember when I first install this extension, it don't seems to work as the screenshot on the chrome store indicate the icon should light up. But anyway, I've checked that the export comes from that instead of a Google Data Studio release. =(