Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
favorite_border

Error when using Conversions on any report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Every time I use any report and then specify any kind of conversions either on the Dimension or on the Metric, I get this error (The Dimensions and Metrics are incompatible with this chart. Please change the dimensions and metrics in the property panel to generate the chart.

No matter what type of report or chart, it is getting the same error,

It was working perfect before, I tried so many way, but nothing works.

Any Idea ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Shehab A

What data source are you connecting too? You may want to try disconnecting your data source and connecting too it again, to refresh the connection, and see if you continue to experience this issue.

Hope that helps,

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shehab A

We're having exactly the same problem here too; it's been this way for us for a couple of days now. 

It looks like it's impacting any conversions metrics that are being pulled in from AdWords, so for example, segment conversion type name, conversion source, conversion category, etc. 

@Ben P - We've tried disconnecting data sources, and re-connecting. Also tried refreshing, and building out new reports entirely, and we're still having the same issues. Think this is definitely an error on Google's end from the looks of it. 

Could do with them sorting it though, as it makes Data Studio a little bit redundant if we can't report on conversion metrics. 

Thanks,

David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I realized that, this error accrued after Google announced that ”Converted clicks” are being retired in March 2017, 

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleAds/posts/NTLFQNroZB4

I am not sure, it is just a thought.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the suggestion, 

But I have already did that (disconnecting data source, and reconnect it) and the issue still there

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue here. No response?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem. 

I have table in wich I had "Conversation Name" as dimension and "Conversions" as metrics and  right now it said it is not compatible. I've been using this table since the begining of Data Studio and right now appears that problem. I think it should be a bug of Google. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried it today, It looks that Google start paying attention to this issue.

But some dimensions is not working (the on related to conversions), the following dimensions are not working (Conversion Category, Conversion Action Name, Conversion Source).

Those are working (Segment Conversion Type Name, Segment Conversion Type ID, Segment External Conversion Source, Segment Conversion Category)