Data Studio
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Error Message: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I connected a PostgreSQL data source to Google Data Studio but when I tried to create a report using the data source, I was prompted by Error ID: b01347d7 , The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. I do not know how to debug since the table works fine in SQL workbench and there is no further elaboration to the internal error.

Another issue that I had is the date field being parsed as text. Again the date field was shown as timestamp in SQL workbench. I thought the error(b01347d7) occurred was because I tried to generate a time series with an unrecognized date field, but then each time I tried to generate any graph using any dimension/metric in the data source, I was prompted by the same error message.

Is there a way to go about to debug this error? whether it is on the data connection side? Or it is the data format that Google Data Studio does not recognize?

Thank you

Error Message: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am suddenly getting this message too for MySQL connection.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also got this message on all fields that are connecting to cloud sql .

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error ID: 46c5c0a1"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how did you solve the error?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how did you solve the error?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!
I had the message 'Error ID: e3e7dd15'.

I used a custom query in Data Studio. And this query contained the comment which started from the hash sign(#):

'ORDER BY
appPlatform, eventDate DESC#, revenue DESC'

I deleted the comment:

'ORDER BY
appPlatform, eventDate DESC'.

That helped me to solve the issue.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Facing the same issue. Was anybody able to solve it or get intouch with somebody at Google? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Facing same issue! Any resolution? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I managed to solve a similar issue I had while tried to connect my MySQL database.

In my case I had a few fields that included special characters and spaces (just to make it easier to customize the fields later in datastudio).

Once I removed them the sync worked properly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Facing same issue! Any resolution?