AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Entering Manual Data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When pulling numbers from various sources, it would be great to manually input values in a table. I would like to manually input costs and other metrics where the data isn't available through the feed. I have looked a lot and have not seen it as an option. Any input?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Entering Manual Data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nakul,

Have you looked into the data import feature for GA?

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3191589?hl=en

Cheers,
JD

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jennifer,

Sorry I should've clarified that this is for Data Studio purposes. We are using a google sheet, where we have imported our data set. But since Data Studio only picks up from the first row, we can't have manual fields, as our data is broken out by date. It would be very helpful to input manually into a data table within Data studio. Would you have any insights there?

Thank you,
-NB

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Whoops! I'm so sorry! I totally missed that this was in the Data Studio topic! Apologies.

I'll go take a look at see if I have any suggestions!

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Nakul,

Can you explain more about what you mean by " Data Studio only picks up from the first row, "?

Data Studio is a reporting tool, not a data entry tool.

Have you considered using Google Forms as a front end to your Sheet?

Best!

Rick

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Nakul,

I did see that mentioned about starting in the 1st row. However, I'm able to start my Sheets data source on any row, I just select the checkbox "start first row" and then define the rows below it. So for example A2 : D12, then your sheet data should pull A2 as the header or 1st row. I've only been using it for a few hours, it definitely takes some trial and error to dial things so far.

Regarding entering data into the rows to do custom comparisons or formulas, the only way thats going to be possible that I can see thus far is importing in via Sheets, unless I'm missing something, which would be great to hear.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rick,

Yes we are importing our data through a Sheet, and we are trying to create a dashboard through Google Studio. When you select Google Sheets as a data source, it asks to use first row as headers. .

Thanks,
NB

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brett,

I also attempted defining my rows, but the problem came to that it only allows you to select a single set of rows, and not numerous rows. So say we have data from A2: D12 and we want another set of data from the same sheet from A14: D24, we can't select both.

In regards to entering data to a table within Data Studio, please see the attached image: Capture4.PNGData Studio

I would like to be able to go into a table like this and adjust numbers like the CTR for just Campaign - Wearables for an example. Please let me know if that helps clarify.

Thank you,

NB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nakul,

Now I see what your saying, and yes, I can't see any way to select multiple ranges at this time, tho maybe fill out their survey and suggest it.

The only workaround right now that I can think of is via Sheets and creating the layout you want in specific tab. You can also amplify your efforts in Sheets with the chrome addons Supermetrics and if your at all handy w/ SQL, even slightly, you can use something more advanced like Blockspring to manipulate your data.

I'm pretty sure you can pull it off w/ Blockspring as you want, you just have to pull in your tables as in your screenshot then use Blockspring w/ some super basic SQL statements. If you are interesting in learning the basics of SQL in an hour ping me and I've got just the hands on tutorial I can point you towards, setup to teach what I just suggested.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brett,

That would be great to get a tutorial on SQL, I haven't done much work with it in the past. I will continue to play around with my layout within Sheets, but I has others requesting manual field entries too, so it becomes a thing.

Thanks,

NB