Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm in the same situation. It's a mandatory requirement for me to embed reports

Embed report in site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe we should vote with our feet and not use the product, we need to embed the datasheets into our client pages behind a login, so unless they are going to sort this sharpish then i'm afraid we will go elsewhere.

Embed report in site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 14
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, although there is a setting that says anyone with a link can view, it is not the case, you have to log in to Google.

Come on Google, really! whats the point in having it if you can't share and embed.

Embed report in site?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 15
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Put a link on a thumbnail, or KPI button that looks like a dashboard.

We built a walkthrough here - use this Embed Google Data Studio.

You could even go as far as automating this screen shot capture and addition to your WordPress website or another site builder. We prefer wp, blog included how to embed the picture in WordPress site too.

Put a password in front of it, and build a beautiful landing page that sends people to dashboards. Buttons = Link = User experience upgrade!!!

Thanks,

-Tyler

dev3lop.com

Embed report in site?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 16
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Why would it be mandatory if the product is in beta?

Thanks,

-Tyler

dev3lop.com

Embed report in site?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 17
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Tyler Garrett what really baffle me, is i think a lot of people don't even understand what's mean not to require a login, basically they want to share data without any authentication , which is a disaster unless it is a public dataset, 

Embed report in site?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 18
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Tyler Garrett thanks for your insight, to be honest, i am a happy PowerBI user, I am here just to see what google is up too, it is important to have a healthy competition in the market.

Data Studio so far is very promising as an entry level cheap BI solution, but I am not sure how serious is google about the whole thing,  i see they invested a lot of money in Looker Smiley Happy, anyway wait and see.

Embed report in site?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 19
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I've not tried PowerBI yet! Been doing more data solutions in front of Tableau products.

I'm very excited about it too, and your post actually brought me to go update the workaround link posted above. 

While updating I noticed they've changed some UI around the sharing, this could mean they are going to 'role out' a new feature release.

Get it? Like user roles? hehe. 

I do love whatever they have invest in to it, I'm excited to see how their recent innovations with AI and the overall usage of this product will generate...

Maybe something along the lines of AI telling us what to look at in our analytics data?

-Tyler

Dev3lop.com

Embed report in site?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 20
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Tyler Garrett a lot has changed since my last post, PowerBI became less interesting as they removed sharing from the free tier, and Datastudio become more interesting for me, as they add export to Excel, and then I learned about sharing using google drive which a killer feature.

I hope they invest more into the performance, when the data is not cached, it is really slow, I hope we can have more controls on the cache, my data change only weekly, and some kind of pivot table (matrix), as it is a must have chart in my industry.