AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Email alerts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Can I trigger auto-alerts from Google Data Studio to send email alerts to specific users based on specific conditions or thresholds in the Data Studio report/dashboard?

Email alerts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

This would be a highly useful feature, one we are looking for as well. 

Email alerts

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Please let me know if you find this option in DS. I will also keep you informed.

Email alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I have been looking for a way to create alerts too but it looks like it is not possible. Would extremely useful to have this...

Email alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone found a way to trigger alerts?

Email alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If Data studio doesn't have the capability to do this, can you recommend other applications where we can create a dashboard that can trigger alerts? Not necessarily an email alert, it can also be an alert in the actual dashboard itself. Appreciate your help! Smiley Happy

Email alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same kind of problem as you guys. If there is any kind of solution for this I would be glad to take part of the information Smiley Happy 

Email alerts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can do this in Google Sheets - Google App Script (Tools >  Script Editor) would allow you to make a script that emails people based on values in the sheet. See here for documentation on the sheets and gmail script functions: https://developers.google.com/apps-script/