AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

District of Columbia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I searched the forum but didn't find anything relevant. Has anyone found a good workaround for plotting Washington, DC in a geo widget? District of Columbia is not an option for a zoom area, and picking Virginia or Maryland plots the city of Washington into some far off rural area of those states. If I set zoom to United States, the Washington, DC results get plotted in Washington State (a far more desirable place to be sure, but not actually the desired result for this report.) Seems like a fairly significant bug if this is what happens if DC is in your dataset. 

District of Columbia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any fix yet for this?  I have state and city and it shows up as Washington as the City for both Maryland and Virginia.  Ideally, there would be a regional view of this based on the zoom of the states I want to show by location.   Data am I looking at it is for Adwords.

District of Columbia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem of Washington, District of Columbia being plotted onto Washington state.

District of Columbia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No apparently its a known bug!   I'm still waiting for a fix on it.

District of Columbia

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's so annoying!  Might have to use tableau, but I liked the ease of DS.  From what I can tell, it flips the city, state. It has Washington in the state field and District of Columbia in the city field and I guess that confuses it?