2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Datastudio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I import data from Analytics, the values of sessions vs. landing pages doesn't match with the Google Analytics reports. 

Other problem is that the Datastudio doesnt cross data from the goals with landing pages. 

Somebody knows how to solve this, or why doesn't work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Filipe A
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, actualy there's two dimensions called "landing page". One it's the site search landing page, and the other it's in the behaviors. I was using the wrong dimension and only noticed now.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Filipe. Could sampling be a factor? Not sure how datastudio's api connection works but most third parties that connect to Google Analytics use the Faster Processing sampling option. If you set your Google Analytics filter to the same, does it match up or are you still seeing a discrepancy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I set the same filter in Google Analytics, doesn't match up.

I think the sampling could be a factor in that, but I don't know how the API connection works either. 

My biggest problem, actually, it's that I can't make a table with the goals completion by landing pages.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Filipe A
November 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, actualy there's two dimensions called "landing page". One it's the site search landing page, and the other it's in the behaviors. I was using the wrong dimension and only noticed now.

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recommend using GA connectors with great caution. There're several issues. Some covered by in this post:

Why google analytics connectors are useless

May I suggest avoiding GA connectors all together using scitylana.com. Being official Google Analytics partners, they extract raw hit-level data from a free GA account through the API. Data are delivered as local text files or uploaded to a BigQuery account of your choice.

With hit-level data in BigQuery, you can connect with DataStudio and query all dimensions and metrics without sampling og without any 7-dimension limit.