Data Studio
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Datastudio concerning the number of users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All,

I am trying to set-up a Datastudio dashboard based on Google Analytics but I have a very significant discrepancy between Google Analytics and Datastudio concerning the number of users (30% more in Datastudio vs. Google Analytics) whereas the number of sessions or pageviews are correct.

Any idea why?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Discrepancies between Google Analytics and Datastudio concerning the number of users

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Romain: I have found that there is a delay in data population between GA and Data Studio. Make sure your data sources and associated views are the same between the 2. And use the refresh data tool in data studio to be sure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply!

Indeed, it is now solved. What was surprising was that the Datastudio data were higher than Google Analytics and only for the metrics number of users...

Anyway, it now works like a charm!

Thanks again,

Romain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear all,

In fact, it is not solved. It is working if I do a scorecard but it is not if I do a bar chart aggregated by week:

From March 20 to March 26 (week 12): 60 000 visitors based on the scorecard but 80 000 based on the bar chart.

Is there a potential issue with doubling counting returning visitors?

Thanks again for your help.

Romain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Solved by using the GA field Iso Week (and not by recreating a field in DataStudio) !

Thanks again,

Romain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue with using "Quarter(Date)" as an created field to have the data shown by quarters of the year. Problem is also only concerning the number of visits - the others (sessions, time on site..) are right.