AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Default Setting for Filter Controls

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Still looking for a way to have a default setting for filter controls.

I'd like my "Location" filter to default to our main location on page load but with ability for users to change the filter if needed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also like this for my reports that use our current fiscal period for their default

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'd like this capability too, so I can set a filter that defaults to a specific subset of page paths but so that users can change the default option if they so choose.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the similar request. 

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Jinrong

We're actually working on this, so no need to do more. But for future wish list items, please consider using our feature request tracker.

Thanks!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick, do you know when is it going to be available?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Rômulo

That functionality has existed for a while now. Please see the Help Center and refer to the section on single select filters. 

Hope this helps!

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rick.

The current feature you pointed to only allows setting default value for single-select filters. Is there a way to set default to multi-select ones (i.e. the list has A, B, C, D and the default is A & C selected)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm also after this functionality - having the ability to have a multi select filter such as Country and having that preset to Australia for example would be great!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't think this isn't the functionality being asked for. If it's the same requirement as mine the it's the ability to apply a default filter when a page opens... .e.g. Current day / Week etc.. 

This would be great so when a user opens a page they are presented immediately with the most current data - BUT can change this filter interactively after.

If this is available today then it's not clear how to in implement it. 

Thanks

Immy