AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2K members online now
2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Decimal Spaces In Tables

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All.

When I create a score card in data studio I can take the decimals away so that it reflects a number with no decimals.

However, I can't do the same with a table. The bar labels have decimals and I would like them not to have decimals.

Kind regards.

Re: Decimal Spaces In Tables

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sebastian,

you can set the number of decimal places to '0' for bar graphs.

See screenshot below:

Decimal_Spaces_In_Tables.pngAvoid decimal spaces in table chart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sascha.Screenshot 2017-06-21 at 08.42.53 - Display 2 - Edited.pngScreenshot 2017-06-21 at 08.43.00 - Display 2 - Edited.png

How do I get to that screenshot? These are the only options I have............

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sebastian,

However, I can't do the same with a table.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

I thought you wanted to present a bar graph in a table? This is also the screenshot.

I don't know any way to modify the label in a bar graph in DataStudio. This would have to happen before. For example, with Google Sheets.

Kind regards

Sascha

Decimal Spaces In Tables

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sascha.

Ich hab gesehen das Ihr Data Studio auf Deutsch ist. Sind Sie Deutsch sprechend?

Wir haben es schon in dem Google Sheet versucht aber mann mueste dan jedes mal die Formel nach value veraender, Data Studio Updaten lassen und dann wieder die Formel ein schreiben......

Decimal Spaces In Tables

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Sebastian,

I'm confused. Can you explain to us a bit more what you are doing exactly? Maybe a few screenshots help us.

Kind regards

Sascha

PS: Yes, I come from Germany. Since the forum is in English, I would continue the conversation in English. ;-)

Decimal Spaces In Tables

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sascha.

It has been sorted. As you said it had to happen before - in google sheets. I left the original formula and added another column with another formula to get rid of the decimals and then told Data Studio to use that column instead.

Formula for that is

=round(cell, digits-(1+INT(LOG10(ABS(cell))))).

Thanks for the help.