AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date range for an entire report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started working with Data Studio and noticed that I seem to have to add a date range selector to each page. Is there a way to have one date range selector and to have it apply to all the pages in the report? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Date range for an entire report?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

By default, every component you place on a report is a page-level object: it only appears on the original page on which you place it. You can make a date range control appear on every page of your multi-page report by making it report-level. To do this:

1.  Edit the report.
 2.  Select the date range control (or other component).
 3.  Select the Align > Make Report-level menu.

Your date range control will now appear in the same location on every page of your report.

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6291067?hl=en#make-report-level

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was exactly what I needed. It worked perfectly. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This works in the sense that it applies the date range to the entire report, but it also *changes the visibility* of the date range control (it literally disappears. I can still select it and change it back to a page level control, but otherwise it's no longer visible on the report). Why? This makes absolutely no sense.

Re: Date range for an entire report?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Click on right button on the data range selector and "Make report-level"

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 a las 18.16.35.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running into the issue where making the date range "report-level" returns no data for all other pages. Any idea how to solve?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got the exact Same problem. It disappears to the background. I've changed the layout of my page to make sure there's nothing in the way of showing this daterange.