2.1K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date range for an entire report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just started working with Data Studio and noticed that I seem to have to add a date range selector to each page. Is there a way to have one date range selector and to have it apply to all the pages in the report? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Date range for an entire report?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

By default, every component you place on a report is a page-level object: it only appears on the original page on which you place it. You can make a date range control appear on every page of your multi-page report by making it report-level. To do this:

1.  Edit the report.
 2.  Select the date range control (or other component).
 3.  Select the Align > Make Report-level menu.

Your date range control will now appear in the same location on every page of your report.

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/6291067?hl=en#make-report-level

Hope this helps.

Arnold Majlath, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please accept it as solution.
Circle Me On Google+ | Visit me @ Redfly Digital

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was exactly what I needed. It worked perfectly. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This works in the sense that it applies the date range to the entire report, but it also *changes the visibility* of the date range control (it literally disappears. I can still select it and change it back to a page level control, but otherwise it's no longer visible on the report). Why? This makes absolutely no sense.

Re: Date range for an entire report?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Click on right button on the data range selector and "Make report-level"

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 a las 18.16.35.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running into the issue where making the date range "report-level" returns no data for all other pages. Any idea how to solve?