4.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date for SSL PostgreSQL connector

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,  could someone tell me when Data Studio is due to get SSL support for the PostgreSQL connector? This is very important for anyone who actually want to use production servers for their data source.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bump on this... would love to know. Otherwise, what are some good alternatives? Thanks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I know alot of other people have been asking for this too.

No news sadly yet - SQL just got a SSL connector.

Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ah, hopefully they'll come to our rescue sooner than later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bumping this. +1

We can't use Google Data Studio until there's SSL support for the PostgreSQL connector.

Any ETA on this? Is it in the roadmap?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 My team would love to be able to use our production postgres data! Would love to know some good alternatives if not.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Similar to the others, my company's marketing team started making amazing use of Google Data Studio and the way it syncs up with all Google-generated data. But to really have it make sense, Data Studio needs to reference our production data, and we cannot provide that to the marketing team because of this. We are hosted on Heroku and they will not even allow non-SSL connections to their hosted Postgres service. Furthermore, this is the right thing for Heroku to do and I do not fault them.

We have a workaround that is as hilarious as it is crappy: A semi-denormalized CSV dump of a few tables, uploaded and indexed as a Google Sheet and then added as a source, removing the previous version. I cannot begin to list the issues with this, but it at least can get us weekly snapshots and only takes half a day from one person's time.

What's the scoop, Google Team? Can I get our data in, or do I have to exfiltrate all of our Google-related data out and use another BI solution?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Paul K  i think Google wanted you to use Bigquery Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has heard whether SSL support might be implemented anytime soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 google team, please add SSL/TLS support for this connector. it is simply not worthy of being used in production without it.