AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date filters x 3

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

I've got a multi-page report using multiple data sources (some automated like analytics and some manually uploaded to BigQuery when ready) which effectively has 3 types of date filter needs;

1) Graphs showing full year on year comparisons

2) Scorecards showing cumulative data for the year to date and previous year comparisons

3) Scorecards showing the last month's data and year on year comparison

1 and 2 are relatively easy because I can control 2 using the report-level date filter and 1 at a graph-level by fixing the dates shown as they only change once a year.

The way I'm currently managing 3) is to manually pick the month I want to look at (last month is no good as the data is manually uploaded and isn't always ready on day 1 of the following month) but there are a lot to maintain. Averages or Max/Min functions are no good as they will not necessarily be reflective of the current position.

Is there an easier way to manage this that I've missed?

Date filters x 3

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As long as all of your data sources have a date column that Data Studio recognizes as a Date, they should all work despite having different formats on the backend. 

You may need to manually assign the date dimension to the date field in the charts and/or page settings as well. 

Date filters x 3

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah I've manually assigned them already and they work fine. I was just hoping for a smarter workaround than having to manually change the month of multiple charts each month.

Thanks