2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date filter across pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way to set a date filter that would work across all the pages in a data studio report? I see that I can set a report filter but it doesn't give me the option to make it dynamic (i.e. filter last 7 days or last 30 days). Is there a way to do this? Even better, is it possible to change this filter via a filter control on one, or all of, the pages?

Thanks!

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Benjamin T
April 2017

Re: Date filter across pages?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Select the filter control and use the menu item Arrange>Make Report Level

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Benjamin T
April 2017

Re: Date filter across pages?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Select the filter control and use the menu item Arrange>Make Report Level

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One issue I've had w/ report-level date filters is that while they are available across all pages, the UX is weird b/c you select a date range on Page 1 of your report and it doesn't persist when I get to page 2. 

I'll set my default range to 'last quarter'. Then on page one, w/ the date selector I choose 'last year'. When I get to page 2, it's reset back to 'last quarter'. That's a bad end-user experience when you have many pages in your report and you have to keep reseting your date range for each new page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi we have the same issue, it seems that there was a change on behaviour, few weeks ago, when selection of date was set at report level  a date selection set on a page was true for all pages. But it is no more the case :-( .

Can't find any information on that

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

There was a recent regression (bug introduced) that caused this behavior. Should be fixed soon.

Thank you for raising the issue. And apologies for the disruption. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

dynamic date filter - report level

I have a data filter at the top of the report on the first page and when I make it 'report level' it disappears.

Also, it does not seem to be working on all pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can confirm it was fixed on my end.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Fixed for me, too.

Ben

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I follow those steps, it deletes the time filter completely. Am I missing something on how to set this up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I do that my filter is sent to the back behind my background image. Is that's what's happening with you too?  I tried bringing the filter forward/ bring to front, send the background image to back, etc. and nothing works.