2.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Range by Week Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All of our reporting is done by week number.  I have this saved as both a number and a date (always the Sunday that ends the week).  My question is is it possible to have the date range choices actually be week numbers?  That way we could compare this week of this year to the same week of last year?  Or any workaround to make it work that way?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

A very big +1 to this subject general and in particular to making weekly year on year comparisons work in an elegant way.

See also:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Feature-request-previous-year-comparison-norma...

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Not used data studio but your initial data source from GA can use iso week number as a dimension - could this be of some help?

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe?  In this case, my data source isn't GA.  It's a spreadsheet of my own making in Drive that has both our online and offline sales.  If I use this as a dimension instead, would people viewing the dashboard still be able to pick week numbers, or would that have to be done by editing the dashboard?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

ok, sorry - I have not used data studio so can't offer anything more. 

John Wedderburn, Advertiser Community, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.