Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Range - Not Showing the selcted Dates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to select the fixed date range and all the google analytics is working according to the selected date range but in the date Range field its showing "Select Date Range" instead of the selected dates.

How should i fix it? I have tried choosing the different date like last 7 days and also tried choosing the option to make the date at page level and report level both. But its still not working. However the data changes according to the date option i select.

Help!!

-Jyoti

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Could you provide a screen shot? Are you putting the date range in the chart or in a control filter?

Re: Date Range - Not Showing the selcted Dates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

It is showing this no matter what date i select. However, the data  changes according to the selected dates but dates won't reflect in the filter.

I am trying to put the dates in the control filter.

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Jyoti

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think maybe you have a bug, I tried playing around with a date selector and can't reproduce on my end.  If you create new date filters does the same issue occur?  Does it happen only in this report or always happen in any report you create?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Are you using a regular filter (three bars) or date filter (calendar icon)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tried that as well. Still not working. The issue is only with this report. For others its working fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Date Filter (Calendar Icon)

Re: Date Range - Not Showing the selcted Dates

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Jyoti G

It's normal, because you didn't select date for your component "icon calendar"

Select your component, on the right side, click on "default date range".

The calendar appears. select your date range or your dates and "Apply".

icon calendar.PNG

After, in the chart that you want to update when you change your dates in your calendar, set date range "automatic".

When you will change your calendar's date, it will update data in your charts Smiley Happy 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Patrick,

I did that. It changes the data as i already  mentioned but did not show the date range selected in the filter.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Go to to your resource menu and look at your managed added data sources.  You may see some of them in yellow.  If so remove them.  Also if there are sources in black that are not being used remove those as well.  That should do the trick!