1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Range - Last X Days

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way to set a graph to show a custom date range of the last x days? Atm there is only the last 7, 14, 28, 30 days. Is it possible to add 60, 90, 120,182, 365 into that too? 

Seems like a lot of people would probably like to be ability to set a graph to the last 2/3/4/6/12 months. 

Even better would be the ability to set the last x days a text field, however that would probably require to much UI rework to make that worth it. 

Date Range - Last X Days

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Andrew D

There is no way to so this at the moment, but you are right, it's a great suggestion. It would be fantastic to have dynamic dates based off of calculated fields in the future!

Ben

Date Range - Last X Days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would also second the suggestion for rolling date ranges for the last 365 days.

Date Range - Last X Days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This would be a really useful feature. Just having some expanded defaults like 90, 365 etc. would be great.

Date Range - Last X Days

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I agree with this one! At the moment, if you want to do "Last X Days" you have to manually set your data source to only include that many days worth of data, and then you can choose "All Date Range" as your default range in your selector.

But, then you can't look at data from before that time range Smiley Sad

Date Range - Last X Days

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aww maan I wish they had these options.

@Drew M how ca i accomplish this? Im using google analytics as a data source.

Date Range - Last X Days

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Jonathan A I'm not sure that's possible with GA. I typically create reports from data in BigQuery, and it's fairly straightforward to limit your data when writing SQL queries off of BQ data. 

GA, not so much. All you get there is a firehouse of data, and I don't think you can filter it before it comes into DS Smiley Sad

Date Range - Last X Days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It really isnt hard to do if you just want to create a URL and bookmark it.  You just have to make the start date older than any begin date, and the end date something in the future, like end of this year, and change the "last#days" to whatever 3 you want.  For example, in the following, before displayed last week's data, and after displayed the last 180 days of data:

Before: 

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#report/trafficsources-all-traffic/a56488233w89947448p992...

After:

https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/#report/trafficsources-all-traffic/a56488233w89947448p992...

Date Range - Last X Days

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Brayton F, thanks for the reply, but we're talking about using GA data as a data source inside a Data Studio report. Your approach sounds like it would work great if you're looking at reports inside GA, but that's not what we're doing here.

And (after some inspection), it looks like Data Studio reports don't use the URL structure that you outlined in your post. In fact, it appears that Data Studio URLs don't change at all when you use a date-range selector.

Date Range - Last X Days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 . Absolute feature to have!!