3.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Range Dimension Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a issue when the date range is added as a dimensions from a csv file. A couple weeks ago I uploaded a file with the same exact structure, formatting, etc.  and now I uploaded an updated version of the file and no data is showing when the date range dimension is added. I even tried removing the updated file and adding back the old one and it is no longer working.... I have tried reformatting the date and uploading, I have the date set as a  date in Data Studio. Before I could have the date range dimension and create charts by day and by week and now I am having no luck. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

How is the date formatted in your file that you're uploading? 

Is it a large file? If it's not more than 2M cells, it might be easier to put it in Sheets rather than upload.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The file is pretty small. I already built out a ton of charts and filters with the uploaded data when the date dimension was working so if I were to do that I'd be losing a lot of work. 

When in .xls it is formatted like the below:

2017-05-10 12:33:06

Then I save as the file to .csv it changes to 

7/25/2017 6:07

However, I have tried uploading the date in several different formats already. I am able to chart by date...it is when I want to keep the "Date Range Dimension" rather than the date as a dimension.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just for fun a I created a new report with the same data file and charted a couple of the same exact charts from my master report and am not having an issue with the date range dimension. What's going on?