AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Range Controls not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All,

I'm having major issues w/ the date range controls.

I've started from scratch twice now, it seems that as I work the date range control breaks it's link with the page, ultimately resulting in no effect on the charts. I've deleted charts, tried alternating scope between report/page, and changed the order in which I add charts/date controls to the page. Nothing works at all.

Is the date range control or Data Studio in generally really flaky? I can properly chart the time-series and query on time series so I know that the BigQuery dataset understands the time.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeff

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I haven't had trouble with date range controls. I assume you're using a separate filter rather than the date range within the chart? Is it possible that the date field in your charts' datasets is formatted strangely? I haven't used BigQuery, but I have used Google Sheets and sometimes when the date is formatted the wrong way in GS, then DS doesn't recognize it well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is your problem solved? I've had the same issue and I have no idea how to resolve it.