4.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Date Options: Fiscal Year to Date and Year over Year

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could you please add to the default date range / Date options menus the options for:

Fiscal year to date: Fixed start date through today/yesterday

Fiscal month to date: Fixed start date through today/yesterday.

And under Default Date Range : Date Compare

The option for Day of the week Last year

or This day last year with an option to offset the comparison year by x number of days. (last year -2 days)

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnny c
June 2016

Re: Date Options: Fiscal Year to Date and Year over Year

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, the best way to submit product feedback like this is with the feedback tool in the Data Studio product itself (it's the comment icon in the toolbar).

You can make a date range fixed in the date options, but as you've seen, there are no preset ranges for fiscal year (probably for the reasons Julien cited for GA...)

Best regards,

Rick

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Johnny,

many companies have different fiscal year start/end months.
For that matter, many countries have different fiscal year start/end months.
I for one think it's not the place of GA to provide/plan for all possible fiscal year settings.
Right now the best you can get is setting dates in a report and bookmarking the report (in browser or in GA) so that you can get back straight to your report with the right date range.
Alternatively, export solutions can help you fix date ranges to match your fiscal year requirements.
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnny c
June 2016

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, the best way to submit product feedback like this is with the feedback tool in the Data Studio product itself (it's the comment icon in the toolbar).

You can make a date range fixed in the date options, but as you've seen, there are no preset ranges for fiscal year (probably for the reasons Julien cited for GA...)

Best regards,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually, I had a similar question. I was thinking the GA filter function might help me break data down to fiscal weeks but that does not seem to be the case. True?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Correct, GA only handles regular calendar settings, with no support for fiscal years or weeks
VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan