favorite_border
Highlighted

Datastudio : No sign-in Required

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a DataStudio report with "Access:Anyone (no sign-in required)".

If I try to access it with a browser in incognito mode, I get a sign-in form.

Do I miss something ? Is it a bug ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Datastudio : No sign-in Required

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Didier G,

Very interesting find. I use to be able to share a report and not have them sign in. However, I just tried it with several different reports and they all ask for a sign-in with a Google account. 

Not sure when this changed or why, but it is not you doing something wrong. I even dug into various settings, tried different report types, different data sources, etc., and still cannot share a report with the new viewer logging into a Google account.

I will look around for further info. Please keep us informed if you discover something on this. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Datastudio : No sign-in Required

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello James,
Have you discover something ?
Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem. Even if you make it "public on the web" you still need to sign in. I hope they fix this soon. Data Studio has been a really cool feature to play around with, but it's so limited right now. Not limited in what you can do with the data, but the sharing, exporting, emailing, etc. Features that would be easy for Google to add, too. Not sure exactly why they haven't yet. Probably because it's still in beta and they don't want everyone switching over to it and abandoning their other reporting tools. But still, very frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

The best thing we all can do to help us get more features with Data Studio is to open it and click on the three vertical, stacked dots in the upper right hand corner and then click on Provide Feedback. The more users that do this and request more flexibility with report creation and sharing... the better. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is right: No sign-in is required. It's required if you want to use it. 

It's like a Software License Agreement: You don't have to agree to the terms; but if you want to use the software, you must. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This has been an issure for some time and in a different thread it was confirmed as a bug. In the same thread it was said that Google was working on fixing it - however that was in December and the bug is still present.. 
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Unable-to-share-any-without-sign-in-anyone-wit...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I´m having the exact same problem.. Very annoying!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Beta products are typically buggy and time is required to rework the elements with issues. Please hang in there and keep using the feedback option within Data Studio to let the team know your thoughts and feelings. 

Thanks,

James

Experts in the Topic
J Clemens