5.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data studio Date Range not working!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys- i am using Google sheets as a source for my data studio dashboard, using the field ga::yearMonth as a dimension.

Firstly, this is not being picked up as a date in Data Studio 

Secondly, when I manage to get the date picked up by re formatting it, the dat Range filter does not work with it. So if I filter on the last3 months, the data in the chart does not change.

Help please!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had as similar issue.

My issue was that in the chart, I didn't have the date variable defined. Check the Data view on the chart and make sure it's defined for the chart.

A workaround I did when I was figuring things out is that you can group the date range and chart and that seemed to get things going in a pinch.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I picked up the same problem.

The "apply" button seems to have dropped in the default date range feature.  Adjust your date range using the "current page setting" within your "page" drop down.  Select the required date range.  Ensure all elements on the page are set as “auto” within your default date range this will render the correct date for the report. 

Hope this helps

jann

Re: Data studio Date Range not working!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you adjust the zoom in chrome to 90% you can see the apply button, or if you're on windows 7 and are using multiple monitors just move your chrome window to the screen that doesn't contain the bottom start bar, or do a good ol fashioned negative top margin inline css on it...

Google really needs to fix this UX issue. Button placement homies c'mon now.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had my date selector "grouped" to a title element. WHOOPS!

Ungrouping it allowed the selector to control the page again Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! Solved my issue.