Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data source not automatically refreshing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have multiple data sources connected to my Data Studio report.  I have multiple Google Analytics sources that all seem to be automatically refreshing when users open the report, but I also have data from a connected Google Sheet that isn't automatically refreshing.  I can click on the refresh icon, and the data refreshes, but not automatically.  Is there a setting for this that I'm not seeing?

Thanks,

Hugh

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data source not automatically refreshing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hugh - I also am having close to the same issue. I submitted a screen capture to the HELP Report a problem in DataStudio - waiting for a reply. However in my case the refresh icon simply brings in an indication that no fields where changed when in fact the data in Google sheets has. I am connecting to a pivot table that has the same number of rows of data but the numbers update.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem here. Data doesn't seem to refresh even though a bunch of new rows have been added to Google Sheets. Small Enterprise here, and I'm trying to get my entire company to switch to Gsuite, problems like this make it impossible to make my case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here. Has anyone found a solution?

Best,

Kim

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

same problem.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Hugh,

You can disable the cache for that report. That should cause Data Studio to pull from your data set whenever the report is opened.

https://support.google.com/360suite/datastudio/answer/7020039?hl=en

Best!

Rick

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

It doesnt work for me. Was anyone else able to resolve it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I did as instructed and now the data doesnt match GA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I tried disabling the cache too. Didn't work. I have had to disconnect and delete the sheet that data studio creates in my drive, then reconnect the original Google sheet.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Disabling the cache seemed to work for me.