AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data discrepancies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me with this: I seem to have an issue with data discrepancies in Google Analytics.

I am trying to access the Google Analytics data for the site of my workplace, but I keep getting the wrong data. Whereas my boss can see the real data (in which our users number in the tens of thousands) on his account, on my account I keep seeing much, much smaller figures (I see 100 people, which is very wrong).

I have no idea why I keep getting this. I checked the filters, and there is no filter activated. And yet for some reason, on two different accounts, I keep getting this strange data. Can anyone help me with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asher S
July 2016

Re: Data discrepancies?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

When you say different GA accounts, are you meaning each of you log into GA via your own different Google Account credentials to access/view the same GA Account and it's Property?
Sorry, reason I am asking is because there is often confusion relating to Google Accounts and GA Accounts/Properties.
A Property can only be in one GA Account, however different ppl can access the GA Account and Property and the Property's View(s) via their own Google Account login if they are given access to it.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
Just to clarify are you viewing the reports for the same GA Account and Property that your boss is also looking at?
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, thanks for replying! Different GA accounts, same property.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asher S
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

When you say different GA accounts, are you meaning each of you log into GA via your own different Google Account credentials to access/view the same GA Account and it's Property?
Sorry, reason I am asking is because there is often confusion relating to Google Accounts and GA Accounts/Properties.
A Property can only be in one GA Account, however different ppl can access the GA Account and Property and the Property's View(s) via their own Google Account login if they are given access to it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
I would double check date ranges, filters and/or views if you are certain that you are both using the same analytics property. 9/10 times I run into this issue it is due to different date ranges.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thats a good point regarding the date ranges, if either one of you are logging in via a bookmark, then you will be seeing data for the date range that was being viewed at the time the bookmark was created, rather than the default date range or a date range that has been manually selected.