1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio zoom - more than Region?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a bunch of geo data points for New York City (all in format latitude, longitude) in Data Studio. I'd like to zoom down to the city itself but it seems that the closes zoom is New York as a whole which ends up just showing a blob of data. 

How can I zoom closer?

download.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike H
November 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mike -- there's unfortunately no way to zoom in at anything more than the state level. We've heard this request a few times before so it's on our radar, and I'll ping our team to see if this would take a lot of work. I suspect this isn't likely to happen super soon, but will update the thread if there's some movement here. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mike H
November 2016

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mike -- there's unfortunately no way to zoom in at anything more than the state level. We've heard this request a few times before so it's on our radar, and I'll ping our team to see if this would take a lot of work. I suspect this isn't likely to happen super soon, but will update the thread if there's some movement here. Thanks!

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Just one quick update: we confirmed that our charting library (Google Charts) does not support a "resolution" more granular than 'metros' (states in the case of US). I'll add this use case to the list for when we consider switching to a new visualization library. In the meanwhile you're unfortunately limited to zooming in on the state level.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The Metro dimension only seems to support US States at the moment, any chance we will see other countries supported?  I'm specifically interested in Canadian provinces.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Unfortunately the Metro dimension supports US states only at this time. This would be another potential benefit of switching our charting library. We will explore this effort in 2017.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I comment to follow updates 

Maybe GDT could add an advanced configuration, not too visible to protect beginners : latitude longitude of map center and zoom level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I comment to follow updates 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I second Clay B's request for a zoom level for Canadian regions (provinces) and/or anything using Long Lat coords to help zooming the map would be appreciated.

Thx

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Do you have any update about the development of this feature? We are experimenting with Data Studio to create visualizations of Argentinian cities and it would be great to have this feature.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is there any update on this feature?  Looking to show Washington D.C. Metro area