1.9K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - report on text, image, responsive and display ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way within Data Studio to report on actual ad performance? 

For example, display a table that contains a text, image, responsive or display ad and then all their stats; Clicks, Impressions, Cost and so on.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @aaron-weiner, I don't think Data Studio can actually pull an image into a table dynamically - just columns of metrics and dimensions.

However, if the ordering and variability of your data doesn't change very often, you could potentially make one table column very wide, and then manually insert images into the table overlaying the whitespace you created with your wide column.

Again, this would really only work if you knew that the order of your data wouldn't change. If your data was changing frequently, the images you manually inserted would not move or update and align with the data that moved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you might have misunderstood what I am asking. 

I am looking for a way to report on the ad performance.

Ideally, I would like to see a breakdown of each type of ad; ETA, image, responsive and display ads with stats. 

Something like the top 10 ads that received the most clicks in the past 28 days. 

If this is not possible right now, okay. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Gotcha. I'm not too familiar with Ad reporting - I can just tell you for sure that you won't be able to get images automatically inserted into a table via your data source Smiley Sad