Data Studio
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio, issue with metrics and dimensions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created a report with Adwords data source and with many tables and graphs.  Then, I added a final table with the Analytics data source.  Now my Adwords tables have invalid dimensions and metrics.  I see that the Adwords data source is connected, but the dimension "conversion" from Adwords, for example is not there any longer while only the same dimension from Analytics remains.  I then removed the Analytics data source but its dimensions and metrics remain in the picker.

Can I regain the dimension/mapping to the original Adwords fields?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Carlos, 

How did you add the Analytics data source to that table? Did you copy an AdWords table then change the data source for the copy to GA? That will break the dimensions and metrics in the copy, so you need to reassign them (select the table and pick new dimensions and metrics).

You also might be able fix things by making a copy of the report and choosing the AdWords data source for both the AdWords and GA data sources in the new copy. (That's just a guess on my part). Give it a try and let me know what happens Smiley Happy

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting the same error. The datastudio reports I have created seem to be working just fine, but now I am noticing that ALL my reports are displaying "invalid dimension" or "invalid metric". Wondering if this is a bug, and not an issue with the report since it appears the reports are accurate. Any insight?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This has been happening to me on a draft report I've created in sheets, everything works, just all metrics and dimensions changed to invalid

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@Rick E, hi every one

We have this problem since this morning about many reports. 

All dimensions and metrics in layout or charts have "invalid dimension" or "invalid metrics" even if all charts work fine. 

We don't know what to do for now.

post active about it : BUG? My report lost connections between objects and their own data source.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are many complaints about invalid metrics when a dashboard is copied. In my project we're getting the same problem, and it isn't related to Adwords or anything else. For any data source it is happening. When a dashboard with metrics is copied even though the data sources is right defined (same fields, right permissions, etc...) the "Invalid metric" error occurs for all of those metrics. 

It's quite weird because the user needs to redefine all metrics one by one to fix them.

Anyone have a solution for that or an oficial issue to subscribe and keep following it?