Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have huge trouble working on a report right now.

I spent hours on this report because everytime I do any interaction the loading time takes forever.

Additionally, I keep getting this kind of notice:

2017-06-09 18_00_10-Unilever - Rapport d'audience web trimestriel › Copie de la page _Elephant_.png

For information, I have a 360 account.

Thanks for your help, this is quite a nightmare to work on this conditions

Data Studio is very slow

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've never gotten this error in Data Studio, though I get it all the time in Google Sheets. How fast is your internet connection? Could that be the problem?

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

No it can't be because of the internet connection, it's really fast and apart from Data Studio everything is working fine.

My computer performance is pretty decent and all tabs in Chrome are running great too.

I also tried to shut down Chrome and restart but did not resolve this. I tried to restart the computer too without fixing the issue.

Thanks,

Data Studio is very slow

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Could it be a Chrome Extension blocking something? 

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just tried logging in with another Chrome session with another user, without any extensions, in edit mode to see if it's coming from an extension.

But the problem stays even without extensions unfortunately.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Small update about this topic.

It got much better without any explanation. Now the reports are working fine.

I guess it was just a temporary bug from Google end.

Thanks for helping anyway Smiley Happy

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

How long did this issue go on for? I'm having the same troubles.

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Turns out the issue was my clipboard. Contents persisted even after resetting computer. Copying a new smaller element seems to have solved the issue.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar issue in that refreshing my reports is taking forever and 9/10 resulting in components coming back with the error:

'The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request'.

I'm using google sheets as a data source with the sheet only containing ~250,000 cells so not a large amount of data by any means.

Anybody had any similar issues with refresh speed and errors using google sheet data or know anything on how to improve performance?

Thanks, 

Data Studio is very slow

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I've been having lots of problems over the last week with Data Studio chugging while trying to update a report. The slow refresh speed has definitely impacted my workflow. I'm using a blend of GA and Google Sheets.