Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

In the last week we've experienced Data Studio slowing down significantly in edit mode. Some actions freeze completely or take up to 30 seconds to complete - even something as simple as adding a graph/chart or text box.

Is anyone else having these issues?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I experience the same problem after an extended edit session.  I found closing out the browser (I use Chrome) and restarting seems to help.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same problem! It's really jamming up my productivity. I've closed my browser, restarted my machine and more and NOTHING works. This has to be an issue on Data Studio's end. 

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to be having the same issue...It started for me yesterday and by the looks of the time you posted your comment, it must have started for you also. 

I believe this has to be something on their end. It happened from one minute to the next without any major changes to my dashboard. 

If I find any information ill get back to you. 

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm having the same issue and it is significantly worse this morning.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Me too. It's NOT usable presently.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been having this issue for almost 2 weeks, and it's now to the point where I can't use DS at all.  Probably going to switch to Klipfolio.  

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Update:  Viewing the dashboards seems to work fine.  Only having response issues while editing.

I am able to edit just fine in incognito mode though.  Try giving that a shot!

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agree on only having response issues while editing.

Great tip on incognito editing.  Back to normal response time!!

Thanks!

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Incognito works for me as well! Still having issues in a normal browsing session today however. Google REALLY needs to resolve this issue as it makes Data Studio virtually unusable.