Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

We have been checking out on Google’s Data Studio and it seems that it’s filters are very slow.
It takes about 15 seconds to filter a relatively small amount of data with the date filter, even when I use cached data.

Is there some way to make it go faster?

Thanks,

Elad.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are facing the same problem Smiley Sad 

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm running into this too. It's too slow for us to even use the filters. I believe there is a cache, but it clears every 12 hours, so it doesn't seem like there's even any way to leverage that for a report that isn't used on a daily basis.

Data Studio is very slow

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

How many charts do you have in your report? I've found that my report slows down in relation to the number of charts included, rather than the size of the dataset.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2 line graphs and 2 tables

Data Studio is very slow

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Yeah that amount wouldn't be the cause of slowness, I wouldn't think. I have noticed that my reports that pull out of GA are significantly slower than those out of Google Sheets. Maybe it's the data connection?

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using Google sheets with a sheet that has about 1 mil cells of data, so it's larger than average.

Data Studio is very slow

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

if only we can make the cache not expire, my data changed only once a week, there is no point in refreshing the cache Smiley Sad 

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my experience so far, the tables seem to create a lot of slowness in my reports.  I try to avoid them as much as possible, when using filters.  This is a shame, since they're often the best way to display what I need, and don't seem like they should be the roadblock that they are.  Pivots seem to be able to refresh much much faster.

Data Studio is very slow

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

+1 here

Not just the data refresh, which sometimes takes *minutes*, but just the basic interface controls can sometimes be really sluggish (several seconds between clicking on an element and it changing to selected, on a 16GB machine that is otherwise running fine).

It's usually worse in the afternoon (GMT), probably because the USA is coming online then.