3.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio and Store Visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how to see Store Visits data in Data Studio? Any easy workaround perhaps?

- I tried to create a new metrics but get always the same error message (The combination of dimensions and metrics used in this chart is incompatible. Please change the dimensions and metrics in the property panel to generate the chart. Error ID: 3e6cd6e3).

- I tried different graphs and table but got the same results (ok, this method is not really 100% scientific but still...)

I guess the connection is not yet ready but if any googler knows anything about this topic, please let me know!

Thx

/Andrea 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrea M
June

Re: Data Studio and Store Visits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Andrea,

I had suggested a solution for this in another thread, perhaps it will work for you:

- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Setting-up-Store-visit-conversions-in-Data-Stu...

Since store visits are included in All Conversions but not Conversions, you could try setting up a new metric and creating a calculated field that subtracts Conversions from All Conversions.

I used the formula ABS(All conv. - Conversions) and the resulting metric in Data Studio matches our Store Visit data in AdWords.

Hope that helps!

Dan

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andrea M
June

Re: Data Studio and Store Visits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Andrea,

I had suggested a solution for this in another thread, perhaps it will work for you:

- https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Data-Studio/Setting-up-Store-visit-conversions-in-Data-Stu...

Since store visits are included in All Conversions but not Conversions, you could try setting up a new metric and creating a calculated field that subtracts Conversions from All Conversions.

I used the formula ABS(All conv. - Conversions) and the resulting metric in Data Studio matches our Store Visit data in AdWords.

Hope that helps!

Dan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dan,

it worked fine, I just needed to add a filter with "Segment Conversion Type Name" Equal to(=) "Shop visits" and the job was done!

I couldn't use "Store Visits" directly as a metric as it is on Adwords, so "All conv. - Conversions" + filter was the right solution for me.

Thanks Dan!

Cheers

/Andrea

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I tried your solution but Store visits don't appear under All conv. in Data Studio whereas they appear in Adwords. 

Do you have any idea how to solve this issue?

Moreover when I select City as a dimension, most of the conversions are missing. Is there a dot number limitation?

Cheers

Jean

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jean,

What I can tell you is that in order to see Store visits I first created a new metric called "Store visits", formula: All.conv - Conversions

mainly because I wanted to have a nice "label" on my scorecards and graphs ;-) The formula itself doesn't really help without the filter.

The filter: Include | Segment Conversion Name | Equal to (=) | Shop visits (you have to check the name of this value in AW, under "Conversions")

I tried a graph combining Month and device and the City and device as dimensions and it worked fine for me.

I tried a couple of times to upload a picture without succeeding... sorry ;-)

/Andrea

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dan. That worked for me!