Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Re: Data Studio and Google Sheets

Google Employee
# 11
Google Employee

Hi Dick -- apologies for taking so long to respond here. I think I understand your question now, and I believe this has to do with the way that your data is organized in your data source. Instead of one column for each metric, you should try to organize your data in the way I show below. Restructuring in way will let you add up to ten pie slices (note that you will have to filter the chart by week if you want to see just a single week).

table.jpg

Hope that helps -- apologies again for delay and let me know if you have any other questions here!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Alon,

Sorry for being unresponsive, what you mentioned makes complete sense. I
will give it a try and let you know. I totally appreciate you taking a look.

--
Thanks,
Beth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alon, I'm also having some problems with importing data from Google sheets to Data studio. It says "Fail to save datasource" like in the picture. What could be the problem?

Captura.PNG 

Data Studio and Google Sheets

Google Employee
# 14
Google Employee

Looks like you are trying to upload an Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) file, which is not supported. You have two options:

1) Convert your Excel spreadsheet to a Google Sheet and use the Google Sheets connector, or

2) Convert your Excel spreadsheet to a CSV file and upload it using the File Upload option

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Best.

Alon

Experts in the Topic
Alon G