AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Use On Mobile Devices

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I am looking to use data studio for several of my clients but currently the reports are not optimized to be read on a mobile device. They look exactly the same as a desktop report which makes them mostly unusable. Google has been pushing websites to be mobile optimized for years and it seems counter to that message to have a report that doesn't work well on smaller screens. 

Are there any plans in the near future to have a report that is device responsive and works on the small screens of mobile devices?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same question from me,too. 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Creating a report to be responsive for all mobile devices would probably not be very feasible given how DS reports are 100% customized with elements laid out in the report.

Other Data Viz tools, that allow for 100% customized dashboards, have solved this challenge by creating unique visual views for Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile, where each view is customized for each device type and dynamically loads the right version on that device type.

Unfortunately this feature does not currently exist in Data Studio.  If you need something to specifically be viewed on a mobile device, then for now you will need to create a duplicate of an existing report, change the size dimensions of your Canvas and re-arrange the elements to match the device.