AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio: Thank you page with multiple URLs making conversion tracking display difficult

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to create a table in Data Studio to display our lead count by month in one easy-to-access location. However, my third-party thank you page that I'm using for conversion tracking generates different URLs in order to track the individual user. The result is TONS of URLs that look like:

/thank-you?__s=wyjpirzz2orbsdfasdfabw

I love having the individual tracking feature on (and frankly can't remember how to turn it off...), but when I try to add this goal as a metric in a Data Studio table, it pulls all of the individual URLs as individual rows.

Is there any way to aggregate all of these without turning the individual lead tracking off? Some sort of rule to say that if it starts with /thank-you, it should be displayed all in the same row?

I feel like this is a long shot here, but it's so important for my business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Data Studio: Thank you page with multiple URLs making conversion tracking display difficult

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jessie G In this case a more appropriate widget should be a scorecard OR you could create a new calculated field inside Data Studio which would use the CASE WHEN ELSE END statement in terms of:

CASE WHEN REGEXP_MATCH(Page, '.*/thank-you.*') THEN "/thank-you" ELSE Page END

On the other hand a Goal completion Metric would be more appropriate as well yet in that case Page cannot be used a s a dimension. 

Kind regards,

Zorin

Web analyst @ escapestudio.net

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

i have similar issue.

In my case, my goal to count total leads wasn't place for certain months. Hence, i need to count total "unique pageviews' of my thankyou page to see a trend of leads by month.

So how do i get this thankyou page count using a calculated field ?