4.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Sharing is Unavailable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click on the Share button within data studio, I receive a pop-up that says, "Sorry, sharing is unavailable at this time. Please try again later." Only I've been trying every day for a week now. Is there something I am not doing correctly that is prohibiting me from sharing the report?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda T
March 2017

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Amanda,

In regards to your first issue, are you able to share anything via Google Drive? Data Studio is built on Drive, so it's not enabled in your organization, that's probably the reason. (If you can share, say, a Google Doc or Sheet, but not a Data Studio report, then something else is going on, most likely).

WRT to PDF, currently, saving as PDF is done through the browser, so it won't save multiple pages. We're working on a better solution, so please stay tuned!

Regards,

Rick

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Amanda T,

Sorry to hear of this.

Is it a report you created or one that was shared with you by someone? 

Have you reviewed the general information about report sharing with Google's Data Studio product?

Please log out of your account, clear your browser cache, update Google Chrome... and then give the report a try again.

Please let us know what happens after this. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

I have reviewed the general information, and the report I am trying to share is one that I have created.

I logged out of my account, cleared my browser cache, and updated Google Chrome. I am still getting the same error.

Any other help you can provide?

Re: Data Studio Sharing is Unavailable

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is a screenshot of the error:

Capture.PNG

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Amanda T,

This could be an actual technical issue with the servers or a function needed to serve it, which it would clear itself at some point. 

You should open Data studio and click on the Feedback link in the menu and report this.

Next, you could use our workaround to get the reports we want in a different way.

1) Open the report you want in Google Chrome. 

2) Right click on the screen (not directly on the report) or hit Ctrl+P, and click print.

3) Now, change the print destination to save as PDF. 

Now, you have you report in your full control to manipulate, print, send in an email, etc.. By using this method, your no longer have to use Data Studio to share your reports and you can actually do more with them. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens,

Thank you for your quick feedback. I have reported this using the Feedback menu within DS.

I like the idea of saving it as a PDF, although users cannot change filters/date ranges on the fly, but this will work until hopefully this problem is resolved.

Quick question for you though - my report has multiple pages. When I save as a PDF, I only get the page that I'm currently viewing - do you know if it is possible to save as a PDF and get all of the pages within that .pdf file?

Thanks so much for your help!

Amanda

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Amanda T
March 2017

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi Amanda,

In regards to your first issue, are you able to share anything via Google Drive? Data Studio is built on Drive, so it's not enabled in your organization, that's probably the reason. (If you can share, say, a Google Doc or Sheet, but not a Data Studio report, then something else is going on, most likely).

WRT to PDF, currently, saving as PDF is done through the browser, so it won't save multiple pages. We're working on a better solution, so please stay tuned!

Regards,

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi both,

we have the same issue within our organisation. Would be great if this could be on a roadmap (non-Drive based sharing). A work around however would be to log into your data studio on mobile phone, then create the sharing link and share it this way.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Finally determined this was due to a firewall issue in my organization. Simply accessed GDS outside of the network, and could share the report. Thank you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got the same issue with Datastudio and the share option. The problem was that in my company, the drive is unavailable. 

If you can't use Google Drive, you can't use the share button on Datastudio. 

I use an external network, which can connect to Google Drive and then share my dashboard.