1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Reports -- Sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a report and adjusted the sharing settings to "anyone on the internet can find and view" but when I use the Share URL that is provided, it requires users to log-in to Google to view.  Also, users on Windows 7 using IE11 (I know, I know) are unable to view anything at all.  They do not get the login screen; only a blank screen.

I had earlier tried to share a report with the share setting at "anyone with the link can view." same results.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Data Studio Reports -- Sharing

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mike,

Yes, a Google account is required to view a report. 

At the moment, Data Studio has only been tested on Chrome. 

Best

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Rick,

Thanks for the update. Is there any likelihood that reports will be publishable outside of the logged-in community in the future? If yes, I see a real role for this tool. if not, then I will probably have to explore other approaches.

Should I be looking at your pay-based solution?

Mike

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Mike,

For the moment, this is the way it is. Even for the pay-based versions, we'll still need the Google login to view the report.

Rick

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Export to PDF would be great

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree with PDF reporting. It is not always convenient to require recipients to create a new Google account on behalf of their workplace, and I would not like to send a link perhaps with proprietary data to anyone's private Google account.

It would also be much convenient if I could set up access control groups and then apply per document. Pasting long lists of email addresses into a popup without any way to confirm which people have access and no ability that I can see to revoke access when people swith roles or employment does not strike me as suitable for any business usage.

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Currently, if your browser supports print to PDF, you can use that to create a PDF of a single report page.

We're looking into both the PDF and share with non-Google account options.

You can already share with a Google Group.

Hope that helps!

Rick

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

PDF and schedule email to send PDF would be even better ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very much looking for this feature, which comes standards with all other google products - including the default Sharing panel which is currently false ('does not require login')

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hitting this issue as well. Not being able to share a report with someone outside of the Google ecosystem is a bit of a deal-breaker.