AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Data Studio
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Question on creating a filter control

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone know how I can add a filter control to a report that will allow me to toggle between different Google Analytics property views?  I have added all of my various views as Data Sources but cannot find a way to switch easily in reports.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't believe that you can toggle a specific chart between datasources. Someone please chime in if I'm mistaken. A workaround would be to create separate pages or reports that have the different properties as the source. 

Another idea depends on how your data is set up. For instance, at my company we have a property which includes all of our data, and then separate views for subdomains. If this is how yours is set up you could create your filter by subdomain instead of by property. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with Litmon. I succeed in creating a Google Sheets from scratch with different account on a unique main sheet. Once you automate your report, it's pretty easy to choose the websites you want to see. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Samuel

I am not sure what you mean by creating a Google Sheet.  How are you incorporating G Sheets to help you automate the reports?  That sounds interesting!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, in Google Sheets, you can add the Google Analytics Plug-In and set a automation schedule. Then, you can create reports for the GA account you want. In my case, I created a all-in-one sheet in which I have all my major websites data. With Data Studio, I can create a report with a filter option of my websites.