2.3K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A colleague set up a dashboard that we use regulalry for reporting. He has since left the organisation and had access to the GA account the data is pulled from revoked. As he originally set up the dashboard then shared with me all the data seems to have gone and replaced with an error message 'The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Error ID: 8c5e8c5d'. Is there anyway to get the dashboard to pull through data again?

Data Studio Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any updates here? It would great to be able to change report ownership for a number of reasons.

Data Studio Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd also like more info as I have a report that needs to be moved to another organisation.
Thx

Data Studio Ownership

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello everybody, 

you should be able to make a copy of the dashboard and reconnect the GA account. So you will own the copied version.

Best regards,

Malte

Data Studio Ownership

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Guys,

You can ask that colleague that left to transfer ownership of those reports and datasources to you.

And then you would need to go in the datasources and re-connect.

Alternatively, you could copy the Report and make new Datasources and add to the report.

Hope that helps.

~Maaz

Data Studio Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Maaz. 

How exactly do you transfer ownership? 

Thanks, 

Rebecca

Data Studio Ownership

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

You can do 2 things.

1. Have your colleague transfer ownership to you. Click on "Share" and go in Advanced and transfer ownership. Your colleague needs to do that.

Alternatively I think this approach might work better for you: 

2. You can edit the Report and "add an additional Datasource" connected to that GA account; Assuming that you have access to it. And re-wire all charts to use this new Datasource. https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/6268208?hl=en#use_data_sources_in_reports

Data Studio Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It would actually great to have something like an "organisation" ownership.

We have had similar problems with data sources. If the "owner colleague" is in holiday and the source schema changes, we will not have a chance updating the datasource and we must replace it.