4.6K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Google Analytics Dashboard broken after data source refresh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today I had to refresh the connected data source (GA View) to include a newly added goal on the dashboard. Custom metrics and dimensions added to the data source seem to be intact (All visible, showing up-to-date labels for GA metrics and dimensions) but everything that isn't a text label shows a "system error". I've tried adding a trivial scorecard widget diplaying sessions but even that didn't show anything but "system error".

This was a branded and very neatly styled dashboard for a client, so doing it from scratch would mean a lot of duplicate effort. I tried fiddling with report settings and data source credentials but that didn't help either so I'm open for suggestions that'd save me from spending hours for doing this from scratch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alper G
July

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out it was due to a custom dimension configured via a huge case selector. The issue resolved after removing it.

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You refreshed the report or the data source itself? When was the last time you edited the report? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I refreshed the data source

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alper G
July

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It turns out it was due to a custom dimension configured via a huge case selector. The issue resolved after removing it.