2.2K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio - Geo Metric by US Postal Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help figuring out how to use the geo metric from Data Studios to convert US Postal Codes (and the number of things happening in that area) into something that Data Studios can read. 

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leslie-Morgan F
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That level of granularity is currently not available in Data Studio, so you either need to use cities or you will need to use a table instead of a map. 

If using city is an acceptable option, but you do not yet have the cities defined in your table, there are apps you can get that will convert zip codes to their respective cities for you in bulk. If you are using Sheets, there are addons you can get that will add the cities for you in bulk and directly in Sheets as a new column. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Leslie-Morgan F
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

That level of granularity is currently not available in Data Studio, so you either need to use cities or you will need to use a table instead of a map. 

If using city is an acceptable option, but you do not yet have the cities defined in your table, there are apps you can get that will convert zip codes to their respective cities for you in bulk. If you are using Sheets, there are addons you can get that will add the cities for you in bulk and directly in Sheets as a new column. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You have a super helpful answer, thank you! If you would be kind enough to list some of those apps or the name of those addons you mentioned, I would greatly appreciate that. Smiley Happy