Data Studio
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Data Studio Filters - Unable to aggregate ratio metrics in the request. Please select another metric

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have connected an AdWords account onto DataStudio, when I try to filter by Country (which I have set up a custom filter), I receive this error

Wonder if anyone has encountered this issue? And how to circumvent this?

many thanks!

Adrian

Data Studio Filters - Unable to aggregate ratio metrics in the request. Please select another metric

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue - did you find a solution? I'm still trying so if I find one I will respond here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue too. Does someone found a solution ?

I set up a custom dimension (with a regex formula) and as soon i want to apply this filter i have an error message (Error of configuration)

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue - trying to plot two types of AdGroup in a time series. I can't use segments, so attempting to use a custom dimension.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd believe Adwords cannot break down metrics like impressions, costs, clicks by country.

What I have done here instead is that I know my CAMPAIGN naming field gives sight of what countries they are running on. 

From there, you would need to create 2 fields: 

1. Country = REGEXP_EXTRACT(Campaign, '(CH|US)')  (This is dragged to the dimensions field to graph/table you are trying to build)

2. Country Filter = CASE WHEN Country =='CH' THEN "China"

WHEN Country  == 'US' THEN "United States" END ( And this will be set as the global filter of the entire report)

Hope this works! Let me know!

Adrian

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The Campaigns type need to be same Shopping / Search camps ratio can't be aggregate simultaneously! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have the same issue. I have a custom field which is just the upper case version of the campaign name and have used this as a filter. When I try to use this filter all the calculated fields which are ratios are thrown off and give the error  - "Unable to aggregate ratio metrics in the request. Please select another metric."

Dont seem to understand this/ Any help would be appreciated